Due to a colder weather recently, I have crave for some hot spicy soup to warm up our body.
Today, I’m going to teach you a very simple and easy Kimchi soup.
Kimchi soup is a very very popular soup in Korea and you can find this in almost all restaurant. It goes well just by itself, with ramen or even white rice. To make this soup, you can either choose to make your own Kimchi or you can just buy in container or packet from grocery store.
Yield 2 bowl
- 1 cup of Korean Kimchi
- 5 tablespoon of kimchi juice
- 2 tablespoons of Hot pepper paste (Gochujung)
- 1 tablespoon of chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons of Hot pepper flakes / chilli powder
- 1000ml of boiling water
- 1 packet of silky toufu, cut into cubes
- 100g of pork or chicken, cut into small slices
- 1 small can of luncheon meat
- 1 stalk of green onion, chopped finely
- Throw in Kimchi, Kimchi juice, hot pepper paste, hot pepper flakes, chicken stock, luncheon meat and pork to the boiling water, stir to dissolve the hot pepper paste well and cover to let it boil for 15min in medium heat,
- Throw in the toufu to the soup for 5 min in high heat
- Remove from heat
- Put in green onion and serve